Wound Care in the Ageing Population Course
The Wound Care in the Ageing Population Course has been designed for all health care professionals working in Aged Care, either within a Residential Aged Care Facility, the Community or the Public Health System. This course is comprised of 7 modules and will take approximately 14 hours to complete, although each module has been designed as an independent unit and carries its own certificate of completion.
The modules are:
- Module 1: Skin Anatomy and the effects of Ageing (2 hours)
- Module 2: Risk Factors Affecting Healthy Skin (2 hours)
- Module 3: Wound Assessment, Photography and Management (2 hours)
- Module 4: Moisture Management (2 hours)
- Module 5: Pressure Injuries (2 hours)
- Module 6: Skin Trauma (2 hours)
- Module 7: Chronic Conditions, Common Skin Complaints, Malignancy and End of Life (2 hours)
Access to the course is for 12 months and you can jump in and out of the course as often as you want, with each module remembering where you left off.
The Wound Care in the Ageing Population Course is under review by the Australian College of Nursing Accreditation program for 14 hours of CPD.